Meet Your Surgeon
MR TARIQ AYOUB
FRCOphth FRCS-G FEBO Cert-LRS PG-CRS MBBS BSc
Mr Ayoub is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon in London, based at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust where he is also the Lead for the Emergency Department at Western Eye Hospital.
He is the founder and director of Oculase – The Eye Clinic and consults patients privately at various locations in London and Birmingham.
His clinical interests include cataract, vision correction, corneal disease, eye-lid disorders, trauma and general ophthalmology. He is a skilled surgeon and has done thousands of eye laser and surgeries.
After completing his medical degree in London, Mr. Ayoub went on to complete ophthalmology training at the prestigious London School of Ophthalmology which includes Moorfields Eye Hospital and Royal Free Hospital. He is on the specialist register of the General Medical Council and has received Specialist Certification in Refractive Surgery (Cert-LRS) by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
He was previously Locum Consultant at Moorfields Eye Hospital having completed multiple fellowships including:
– Cornea Fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital
– Oculoplastics Fellowship at Royal Free Hospital
– Trauma Ophthalmology Fellowship in Asia
Mr Ayoub has been described as a compassionate, dynamic and safe surgeon who prides himself on the high quality of his work. Given his extensive experience, he is able to manage complex eye conditions in a holistic manner to deliver the best care for his patients.
0330 128 1616
Get in touch or book a consultation
- FRCOph Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- FEBO European Board of Ophthalmology
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- PG-CRS Ulster University
- MBBS St. George’s, University of London
- BSc University College London
Prizes / Awards
- ASIA – ARVO Travelling Award
- London School of Ophthalmology Prize
- RSM Travelling Fellowship Award
- Novartis Award
- Ethicon Fund Trust Award
- Final Med Prize
- Myint Prize in Ophthalmology
- Steven Carstairs Essay Prize
- ENT.UK Essay prize
- Cataract Surgery Trainer to trainee surgeons at Imperial College Healthcare
- Microsurgical Skills Tutor at The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Examiner at The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Instructor at courses to GPs, junior doctors, nurses and optometrists
- Anatomy Demonstrator at St. George’s, University of London
Affiliations and Memberships
We are proud to be associated with the following organisations